DEVELOPED FOR YOUR DEPARTMENT’S NEEDS
Law enforcement training ensure that with rising insurance, repair, and medical costs, reducing or preventing law enforcement accidents is crucial for officer safety, and that of the public they protect. The professional instructors at Autobahn have developed an extensive one day driving program that covers skills training typically found in a multiple day program.
Drivers enjoy approximately two hours of classroom, one hour of vehicle maintenance discussion, and three hours of actual driving time.
In the classroom, your drivers will learn the concepts of driving safety:
• How cars react under emergency environments
• The basics of car control
• Skid control instruction
• Common mistakes of other drivers on the road
• How to avoid accidents in the first place
• Controlling adrenaline
• Maintaining a high level of awareness
• Minimizing effects of distractions
Throughout the rest of the day, they will be placed in common emergency situations in a controlled, safe environment designed to replicate common emergency scenarios.
These drills will cover:
• Braking in low traction conditions (rain, snow, etc.)
• Emergency lane change techniques
• Vehicle dynamics training
Your officers will leave Autobahn with necessary driving skills and confidence needed to avoid accidents in the field.